So, onto this week's dive into my muddled memory. Another thing I remember from high school was my passion. My passion for what? Well, that changed quite a bit month to month. Let's see... in seventh grade I was in cheerleading and joined drama club, in eighth grade I helped start the Varsity volleyball team and decided to pick up the clarinet, in ninth grade I was really into drama club and joined marching band, in tenth grade I was into some sketchy non-school sponsored extracurriculars, in eleventh grade I was into my boyfriend and drama, in twelfth grade I was into drama and the Varsity basketball team. Boy... nothing like consistency. But the thing is... I was very passionate about each of these endeavors. It wasn't like I was trying something half-heartedly with the intention of moving on again soon. I just wanted to try it all. There was always something that was taking up my time, something that I was "into".
These days, I wouldn't say I am "into" much of anything. I would blame that in a large part to being tired all the time. But, I am also incredibly lazy these days when it doesn't have to do with my kids. So, I just don't have the where-for-all to get up off my tired butt to be passionate about anything these days. Things have com up. Some of the people I know scrapbook. I tried it, but I just got lazy about that too. I couldn't bring myself to spend hours doing something that so few people see. I don't know....
So, I guess this week I have two questions to answer for myself... Is there something out there that I want to be "into" and is it worth it to give up my tired moments of quiet to pursue this interest? I don't know if I would be less happy trying to accomplish something that just succeeds in making more tired. So, here begins another search and another challenge.
1 comment:
I am so impressed with your challenges. You inspire me to step outside of my comfort zone...I'll let you know how it goes!
Post a Comment